We're almost certain that the saying "April showers brings May flowers" is a metaphor for the spring sale cycle: after April showers you with sales, you emerge a very chic flower. Or maybe we're reading too much into it. Regardless, we have fourteen sales for you this weekend, which can feel more like a flood of savings than a sprinkle, so we've broken them down sale by sale to find out what's worth it and what's washed-out. Fourteen not enough for you? Let us know what we missing in the comments.
· MaxStudio: You get $20 off your purchase of $50 or more, which might not sound like a huge discount, but when you use the money towards a light blazer for $88 instead of a black tie cocktail dress for $398, for example, it makes more of an impact. Enter code spring421 at checkout.
· Banana Republic: BR has a sale nearly every weekend but you'll never find the Mad Men collection up for discounted grabs. Instead get a safari-style buttondown shift for $91 (down from $130) or a pencil skirt for $62.65 (down from $85.50). All full priced items are 10% to 40% off. Just enter code BRTAX30 at checkout until Tuesday, April 17th, at midnight.
· The Outnet: You know all those people who say you should build a wardrobe with pieces you'll love forever even if you have a spend a little extra? This is a sale for that. There's one Zac Posen cutout woven dress for $382 down from $1,090 and a Theyskens' Theory Saul stretch cotton-blend maxi skirt for $132.75 down from $295. The sale hits some high notes (especially where Jil Sander and Alexander McQueen are concerned), but you'll be able to rationalize yourself into some of the pieces. Prices as marked and sale ends Sunday, April 15, at midnight.
· ASOS: You can always find your go-to items from this British retailer and this weekend's 50% off sale makes them all the more enticing. Find select styles including shoes, accessories, dresses, jeans, and lingerie for between $20 and $200. Prices as marked.
· Kate Spade: Receive 25% off online, in store, and at the outlets until Saturday, April 14th, at midnight. There's dresses for $298.5 instead of $398 and sweaters for $223.5 instead of $298. Check out all the deals and be sure to enter code FFSPR12 at checkout.
· 3.1 Phillip Lim: In honor of their e-commerce site launch, 3.1 Phillip Lim is offering 20% off your first purchase. Get the 31 Hour Bag for $500 instead of $750 or a number of tops for $220 instead of $275. Enter code N31R5WQ67T6 at checkout.
· Rugby Ralph Lauren: All you preppy, sporty types will be happy to know that Rugby is offering up to 40% off full priced men's and women's spring apparel. Get new arrivals like the Escott Sash jersey for $69.99 down from $89.99. Prices as marked.
· J. Crew Factory: You can count on J. Crew for a good sale, but you can live by J. Crew Factory sales. Prices on sweaters, tops, blouses, and skirts are between $20 and $100 but they generally hover around the lower end of the spectrum. Prices as marked.
· Journelle: Get your lady bits in order with 20% off select pieces of Eberjey lingerie. Pretty bralets can be had for $28.80 (down from $36) with matching panties for $25.60 (were $32). Enter code EBERJEY12 at checkout.
· Opening Ceremony: The $300 tiaras are sold out, but there are other, more reasonable deals to be had. Like swimwear, for example. One Rodarte for OC bikini is $104 (down from $345), and a Suno bikini is $45 (down from $150). Most prices, which are marked, will hit the $200 and over price point.
· Bergdorf Goodman: This 40% off sale is one for big spenders, as you might expect from a name like Bergdorf. The best deals on Theory, Joie, and Elizabeth & James are still between $200 and $500. Prices are as marked.
· Piperlime: When you sign up for the newsletter you'll receive 15% off your first purchase (doesn't apply to final sale items). Piperlime has a huge range of price points and designers, so this a great one for first time customers. Discount applied automatically upon checkout.
· Shopbop: This 30%, 50%, or 70% off sale has plenty of worthwhile deals, like one slitted black James Perse midi for $50 (down from $165), but most of the goods are priced between a hundo and two hundred big ones. Basically, if you're willing to do some digging, you'll find J Brand, Pour La Victoire, and Joie, among others, at temptation-worthy discounts. Prices as marked.
· Intermix: The spend to save deal that's on until Sunday (with code SAVEAPR) isn't much more than a consolation prize (you have to spend $250 to $499 to save a measly $25!), but Intermix also just kicked off their up to 60% off sale. Expect to find brands like Rag & Bone, Vince, and Splendid for $50 and up, but don't expect to combine the deals. The latter sale's prices are as marked.