Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
In all fairness, Tax Day is probably not your favorite holiday of the year. But we bring you 10 reasons to celebrate April 17th anyway: 10 sales happening right now that are perfect for spending the refund check currently burning a hole in your pocket. Those who scored big from Uncle Sam this year, go ahead and treat yourself to a new handbag for 20% off at Donna Karan or Phillip Lim. Didn't get a refund? Dolce Vita has pumps as low as $30 and GAP has you and any dependents covered with 25% off, site wide. Check 'em all out after the jump, and let us know if we missed any in the comments.
· Shopbop: Get 20% off the seriously giant collection of designer digs, that ranges between $90 and $500 for dresses, shoes, bags, and other apparel for 20% off. Enter the code INTHEFAMILY20 at checkout until Wednesday, April 18th.
· Piperlime: This site-wide sale offers 20% off apparel and shoes from the likes of J. Brand, Vince Camuto, Rebecca Minkoff, and Rag & Bone. Enter code TWENTY at checkout.
· Melissa Joy Manning: This jewelry line feels your tax pain and wants to reward you for all your hard work with 30% off its entire site until tonight at midnight. These gems retail for $300 to $3,000 but get the discount by entering code TAX2012 at checkout.
· Dolce Vita: From flats to sandals and wedges to pumps, Dolce Vita shoes have pretty much every spring shoe you could want for up to 70% off. There's even a $30 leather pump!
· Donna Karan: Receive a rare 20% off all shoes and bags until April 23rd. That means a pair of wedged booties are $624 instead of $780 and a chain link handbag is $1,036 instead of $1,295.
· Betsey Johnson: Until Wednesday, April 18th, at midnight, get 30% off clothing in-store and online. Up for grabs is a '50s-style flower print dress for $257.60 (was $368) and a strapless dress for $334.40 (was $418), among others items that are around the same price point. (Bonus: get free shipping when you spend $200 or more.)
· Gap: Men, women, and dependents alike can shop this 25% off sale until Wednesday, April 18 at midnight. Enter code GAPSAVE at checkout.
· 3.1 Phillip Lim: Those enjoying a larger refund (like $600 to $1,200 larger) will also enjoy this sale: Get 20% off your first purchase (until April 23rd) by entering the code N31R5WQ67T6 at checkout.
· Intermix: The five sale pages of dresses, pants, skirts, tops, and accessories from Rag & Bone, Vince, Splendid, and more still offer a lot to choose from at this 60% off sale. Prices are as marked, and get free standard shipping on any online order over $150. Applied at checkout.
· Opening Ceremony: Tax day meets music festivals, the fiscally responsible meets the seasonally fashionable, etc., at Opening Ceremony with 30%-70% off select ready-to-wear, flip flops, sunglasses, and everything else you need for festivaling.