Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
This week, BellaSugar did a readers' survey about all things makeup. Among the things we learned:
· The number one "don't leave the house without it" product is mascara, with 37% of respondents saying they wear it every day. The least popular daily product was blush.
· 59% of women said that they "sometimes" leave the house without wearing makeup (even mascara). And 15% said that they go without makeup the majority of the time.
· The typical number of daily products used is between four and six.
· Most people toss products before they're finished with them. Hard to say if that's because of product fatigue or overzealous spring cleaning. Maybe we should start hosting leftover product swaps the way that some groups of friends have clothing swaps.
On a bummer note: There were no questions about nail polish. We demand more questions about nail polish!
· Find Out How Much Makeup Other Women Really Wear [BellaSugar]
· Study Shows: Women Spend 399 Hours Shopping Each Year [Racked]