Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Meet the Animalier Bike, the latest couture piece on wheels from Dolce & Gabbana's Spring 2012 collection. The lithe bicycle frame is bedecked in leopard print and 14K-gold plating, and, although it will be sold in D&G boutiques around the world, there's no price tag yet. Regardless, we have a feeling that knowing how much it costs won't bring us any closer to owning this chic little number, so with a hefty dose of spite, we've put together a list of guidelines for everything you can't do with this bike, anyway:
2. Ride it through inclement whether of any kind (including humidity, fog)
3. Wear flats
4. Say any of the following: "budget," "pleather," "I'm just headed on over to 7-11 for a Slurpee."
· Now You Can Buy an iPad and Smell Like One Too [Racked]
· National Stand Tall Week Reminds You That Tall Women Are Smarter, Richer Than Short Women [Racked]
· Is This the End of Whale Vomit in Perfume? [Racked]