Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
If ever there were an arbitrary listicle, surely People's "100 Most Beautiful" is it. That said, congratulations to one lovely and adorable Beyonce Knowles for landing herself at the very top of it. The full list won't be released until Friday, but People.com has teased the top 10 along with photos and quick blurbs with quotes on beauty and self-worth from the winners. The magazine didn't actually interview any of the winners, though. Instead, they pulled from interviews past for their online roundup. The result is a hodgepodge of quotes that is slightly incoherent, but entirely entertaining nonetheless. After the jump, the winners and some random things they once said. Enjoy.
1. Beyonce: "I feel more beautiful than I've ever felt because I've given birth."
2. Sofia Vergara: ""I am on these lists for 'best ass' or 'most beautiful' with women like Mila Kunis, who's, like, 20 years old," she says with a laugh. "I have a son that age!"
3. Charlize Theron: "For the first eight years of my life, I didn't have front teeth."
4. Lilly Collins: "It used to bother me – having bigger, fuller brows."
5. Madeline Stowe: ""My forehead moves!"
6. Christina Hendricks: "I guess my mom raised me right."
7. Michelle Williams: "The expectation to be beautiful always makes me feel ugly because I feel like I can’t live up to it."
8. Paula Patton: "For me, life is about drinking wine and having bread and cheese—just not every day!"
9. Miranda Lambert: "So many girls come up to me and say, 'Thank you for being normal,' and I'm proud of that."
10. Kate Middleton: [Ed note: Since the Duchess of Cambridge does not give interviews, People was forced to get a quote about her from "a Buckingham Palace source."] "She is genuine... both in private and in public."
· People's Most Beautiful Woman 2012 [People]