Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Today in warm fuzzies, we have three guiltless buys that will get your good karma (and your sartorial karma)(go with it) in order for May. Bear with collaborations' long names: The multiple players involved in each proves that worthwhile causes like this take a village.
1. Holt Renfrew + FEED + Tory Burch: We kind of always knew that Lauren Bush Lauren and Tory Burch would save the world, but we had no idea they would do it together. They've partnered along with Canadian retailer Holt Renfrew to create a signature FEED bag, made in the traditional burlap of the anti-it it-bag, but sporting the signature Tory Burch color pops and logo. It'll cost you $50 for the bag and the clear conscious, a part of which (the money, not your conscious) will go to Holt Renfrew to further their fundraising goal of $100,000. That translates into 500,000 meals for children and $50,000 in microfinance and mentoring support. Americans can shop the bag on at HoltRenfrew.com, and Canadians can shop it in Holt Renfrew stores across Canada starting May 10.
2. Missoni x Muzungu Sisters x CB Made In Italy for Small Steps Project: The Muzungu Sisters (Tatiana Santo Domingo and Dana Alikhani's ethical fashion label), the shoe brand CB Made In Italy, and zig-zag wunderkind Missoni have teamed up to create a three-piece smoking slipper capsule collection. 10% of the proceeds from each of $450 shoes will benefit the Small Steps Project, which provides shoes and other aid to children living on rubbish dumps in Africa. And bonus: The patterned shoe was fashioned from signature Missoni looks as well as "upcycled" fabrics—materials that would otherwise have been unused and discarded. Head to the Muzungu Sisters site to get your good samaritan on in style.
3. The J. Jill Compassion Fund: J. Jill is here with a whopping three ways to spend consciously this month. First, from today until Mother's Day (May 13), $1 from every purchase will be donated to J. Jill's Compassion Fund, which provides support for community-based organizations that help homeless or disadvantaged women become self-sufficient. Second, 25% of the net profits from the "compassion tee," available at JJill.com, will also be donated to the fund. And finally, for every free "fingerprint e-card" you send, $1 will be donated directly to Women In Need's Homework Helpers, a NYC-based organization that provides after school homework supervision and literacy programs to children in need.
· All Feed Coverage [Racked]
· All Missoni Coverage [Racked]