Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
In attempt to corner the underexposed market of pastor fashion, Ed Young's fashion blog brings style tips for the befuddled faithful out there. Pastor Fashion is the place where "fashion and faith connect," and includes posts like "Skinny Jeans, Testosterone and How to Deal With Both," and "Everyone Knows How to Tie Their Shoes...Or Do They?" Because not everyone knows how to tie their shoes with the super-secret under-over technique Young has perfected.
Most of the posts are in video format (he's a pastor, after all, and also hosts a weekly television Ministry on ABC Family called Ed Young Television—so speaking to an audience is definitely his thing), and the downside to that is there are fewer written posts than we would like. But there's a lot to love here nonetheless, so enjoy, and while you do feel free to ponder a few gems we gleaned from Young's "2 Legit to Fit" series of fashion tips:
1. It’s all about the FIT?Don't buy your suit too big. "If you're too comfortable in a suit, it probably doesn't fit." Suits are not sweat suits
2. No belts with suits. "It adds bulk." "You’re not Batman?get rid of the utility Belt!"
3. Peace...You should be able to fit two fingers under your shirt collar. "If you can fit more, it's too big. If you have a long face a wear a spread collar-round face a straight collar."
4. T-shirts should be white or gray and not overly long. You are not a Hillsong Worship Leader.
5. Crewneck T-shirt instead of V-neck. "Classic is always Best."
6. Never, EVER wear graphic T-shirts.
7. When dressing down, you can't go wrong with classic straight leg unwashed denim.
8.Always flat front pants?Never EVER wear pleated chinos.
9. "Never have more than one button of your shirt unbuttoned unless you are Bono!"
10. "Never wear square-toe shoes. Square toe shoes are from the Devil."
· Pastor Fashion [Official site]
· 10 Mormon "Modest Fashion" Blogs: Longer Skirts, No Cleavage! [Racked]