Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Mother's Day is next Sunday, May 13, but just as mom taught you not to procrastinate, pretty much every national and local retailer everywhere is encouraging you to get ahead of the game this weekend and find the perfect gift that says alternately, "Thanks for all the chill womb time. It was pretty awesome," and, "Look! You didn't raise a degenerate!"
There are certain sales that just scream, "This is what your mom wants." The J. Crew Factory sale, for example, is offering discounts on cardigans and jewelry, while Ralph Lauren's Private Sale is for the classy yet fiscally responsible mother. In case your mom is more Carine Roitfeld than June Cleaver, lingerie favorites Cosabella and Natori are having Mom's day sales too. Lingerie might have more to do with making babies than raising them into upstanding citizens, but we're not arguing if it means 20% off the good stuff. At any rate, we've rounded up 18 sales for mom—or not—after the jump. 18 not enough for you? Let us know what we missed in the comments.
Today and this weekend:
· Ralph Lauren: A huge selection of merch is on sale for 40% off—some for a limited time, most for good—and the sale includes a selection of the high-end Black Label merch as well as Blue Label and more. Enter MAYPS12 at checkout for an additional 15% off until midnight May 7.
· Rugby Ralph Lauren: This one's not for mom, but it is for you if you like your preppy at a discount. Get all-American this weekend with 40% off select styles, plus an additional 15% off by entering RUGBY15 at checkout. Ends May 9.
· ASOS: If you need some outfits to go with your brimming social calender this summer, head to ASOS for 20% off "party looks" through Sunday, May 6. Prices as marked.
· The Body Shop: Get 20% off everything sitewide plus 30% off all gift sets through tomorrow. Mother's Day: Need we say more?
· Wendy Mink Jewelery: Another good one for mom: Get earring, necklaces, bracelets, and rings from the current collection for 20% off by entering the code SALE at checkout. Most of the goods hit well under $50 with the discount. Sale ends Sunday, May 6.
· Donna Karan New York: The woman who allegedly failed draping at Parsons is offering 20% off all dresses. Though even the draped frocks are mostly still over a $1000 mark. Discount reflected at checkout and the sale runs through May 7.
· Cosabella: If your mom's into pajama sets, head here and get 15% off select matching sets and lingerie. Enter MOM at checkout through May 13.
· Bloomingdale's: This is the weekend to get in on all of Bloomies' shoe porn with their fairly major spring sale. Get 25% to 30% off select spring shoes through Monday, May 7. Prices as marked.
· Eugenia Kim: There are other things going on besides Mother's Day: Get prepped for the Kentucky Derby with the perfect sun bonnet or three by milliner of the moment Eugenia Kim. When you buy two, you get one half off by entering the code DERBY at checkout through May 6. (Ok, we'll say it: The hats are kind of perfect for mom too, aren't they?)
· Bergdorf Goodman: Save up to 40% on select merchandise including Elie Tahari, Alice+Olivia, Nanette Lepore, and the other usual fair. The cheapest thing you can get is an Elizabeth & James tee for $39 (down from $65) and the most expensive is a Vince sheerling trim jacket for $1,170 (was $1,950). Prices as marked and the sale ends May 26.
· Burt's Bees: De-chap yourself for summer with 50% off all gift sets, including the manicure set and the tinted balm. Prices as marked.
· Joie: New summer apparel has been added to this the sale at this Cali-chic brand. Breezy tops start at $60 and summer dresses start at $90. Also, get free shipping with code TRACTION12.
· Natori: If you're buying mom some lingerie she's for sure a cool mom, and if her preferred lingerie retailer is Natori, she's the coolest mom (there are swimsuits too!). Through Mother's Day (May 13), enter code MOTHERSDAY20 to receive 20% off orders of $200 or more.
· Chinese Laundry: Find plenty of cork and wooden wedges here for 15% to 25% off. And get an extra 25% off already reduced sale shoes by entering ALIST412 at checkout.
· Betsey Johnson: Help BJ clean house by shopping her additional 40% off sale in store and online. Discount reflected at checkout and there is no end date as of yet.
· Calvin Klein: Receive 25% off already marked down men's and women's bags until Wednesday, May 9, at midnight. With the extra discount, clutches can be had for between $15 and $40 and larger bags for under $100. This sale is online only and the discount is reflected at checkout.
· Gap: Get a lift at Gap where all bras start at $20 (regular $26 to $44.95) through Wednesday, May 9. Prices as marked.
· Smashbox: Put on a pretty face by choosing any three of Smashbox's much-loved cosmetics and get 20% off your entire purchase. Enter MOM2012 at checkout until May 13.
· J. Crew: There's not a lot that's more mom-like than cardigans and pearls, so head to the Factory site for 30% off all colorful cardis and jewelry through May 13. Price as marked.