Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Best Teamwork: "Erica Weiner’s account boasts boards from every single lovely member of her team—showing off stellar finds both vintage and modern that give you a taste of the varying aesthetics that shape the jewelry."
- Best Storytelling: "If you’ve ever wondered why the hell someone pinned that, you probably weren’t looking at Anna Sui’s boards—which come with detailed descriptions of the roots of the fun-loving designer’s fascinations. A collection of pictures o
- Best Personal Touch: "Something about a handwritten note still speaks to us, and DVF covers each of the pretty-to-the-extreme boards with a little scrawled-out missive from the designer (and CFDA prez) herself. Talk about classy."
- Best Trip Down Memory Lane: "Not gonna lie: We love, love, love us some childhood pictures. And, looking at Nanette Lepore’s board “Growing up Lepore”—which shows the designer as a young’un finding her way in Youngstown, Ohio—it looks like she does
- Best Where’d-They-Find-That? Eye Candy: "We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: The Thomas Sires girls always know just what we want. They’ve nailed it with a clothing line, a Nolita store, and now a Pinterest account."
Today in distractions, the girls over at Of a Kind have taken their love of collaboration from the design board to the Pinboards with a comprehensive list of the follow-worthy designers currently on Pinterest. There are 117 of them so far (you can get a taste in the gallery above), and Of a Kind says they'll keep adding to it as more people join the social networking platform. So make sure you have a few minutes on your hands before you dive in—you're gonna be there for a while.
· 117 Designers You Need to Follow on Pinterest [Of a Kind]
· Surprisingly, These Are the Top 5 Retailers on Pinterest [Racked]
· Happy First Day of Summer! Celebrate With 10 Solstice-Ready Manicures, Courtesy of Pinterest [Racked]