Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Don't worry, folks, a comprehensive sale roundup for the weekend is on its way, but some things are just too great to wait for. Like most desserts. Or Splendid, Shopbop, and Bird. And with all the Fourth of July sales trickling in, you can have your cake today and eat it tomorrow. Below, our guide to what you can find where.
1. Splendid: A whole 30% off all the basic knitwear we could want for summer? We'll take it! There are some under $20 picks but most of the tees, dresses, and skirts range between $50 and $100.
2. Barneys: Although you can get up to 60% off apparel, accessories, and shoes, stuff is by no means cheap. There are treasures, however, and you never know what you'll find until you look.
3. Shopbop: The last chance to shop the sale on the sale is tonight. And with an extra 15% off items on everything from Diane von Furstenberg to Alexander Wang it might be too easy to rack up quite the haul. Enter code EXTRA15 at checkout and be careful with your credit card.
4. J Brand: Denim can be tricky to shop online but J Brand fits a wide range of body types well making it our go-to for filling out the denim holes in our wardrobe. The sale also has some adorable high-waisted shorts available for 30% off until Saturday at midnight.
5. Kate Spade: Perfect for summer work wardrobes as well as wedding guest fare, Kate Spade is offering a very amenable extra 25% off select sale apparel, shoes, accessories, and bags. Go nuts and put a whole summer outfit together. We dare you.
6. Topshop: Summer apparel, bags, shoes, and accessories at reduced prices. Need we say more? It's Topshop.
7. J. Crew: Another obvious choice. The swimsuits are tailored and the apparel cuts are classic. And we find $40 or more markdowns to be very persuasive.
8. Opening Ceremony: OC might be like crack for the uber-stylish but there are several items that could punch up any wardrobe. Been eyeing a piece for weeks? Nows your chance!
9. Bird: We're not even going to try to hold back the giddy here. With up to 60% off designers like Isabel Marant, Phillip Lim, A.P.C., and Rachel Comey, we're willing to ignore the fact that you have to wade through all the merch instead of being able to shop specific designers or items. Taking time to click through all that awesome doesn't sound half bad.
· Urban Outfitters Makes a Splash with the 'Big Ass Summer Sale' [Racked]
· Shopbop's Awesome Sale Just Got Awesome-er: Here Are 10 Picks for Under $50 [Racked]