Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Not sure what our favorite part of this outfit is. Michelle FTW.
- Is it just us or did Milla Jovovich miss the colorblocking mark by just a smidge?
- Posing with Clemence Poesy.
- Diane Kruger wins the wide-berth award. With Joshua Jackson
- Nothing to laugh about here: Leslie Mann looks totes chic in this pencil skirt.
- Sofia Coppola keep'n it casual.
- Anna Wintour chooses to look very Anna Wintour at Dior.
- Sharon Stone says screw poofy skirts with this somber sheath.
- Marc Jacobs' manskirt makes another appearance! Does it have a twitter yet?
- Princess Charlene plays it down in a summer frock.
- Marion Cotillard actually couldn't get any more sweet and ladylike than in this picture.
- And some folks eschew ladylike altogether and go for lady-ish. Exhibit A: Anna Dello Russo.
- Melanie Laurent in one of the few midlength hemlines we've seen yet.
- Even with the peplum and shorts, the leather on Olivia Palermo looks like it'd be more at home at Versace than at Dior.
- Elizabeth Banks keeps working on her fashion chops with this Versace number.
- Jessica Alba just made thousands of young boy's dreams come true. Thank Versace, boys.
- Milla Jovovich seizes the opportunity to wear her finest S&M inspired digs.
- Further proof that Fan Bingbing never disappoints.
- MIA goes broque and accessorizes with new best friend, aka Christina Hendricks.
- Versace Haute Couture is the only place where Anna Della Russo can get upstaged by a man.
- Glee's Matthew Morrison with girlfriend Renee Puente make it a black and white affair (You know what they say about penguins)
- More Glee: Cory Monteith and Lea Michele bring the sexy...with their eyes...or something.
Bummed that your invite to the most talked about haute couture show of the year, Dior, got lost in the mail? Or that thing you had to do in that place kept you from seeing all the crowd-pleasers at Versace and Chanel? Not to worry. Plan for the rest of the fall 2012 haute couture shows with a little help from the fashion insiders that did make it.
There seems to be two steps for getting dressed: (1) Buy designer's RTW, and (2) Style at will. And the good news is that there are no rules. Shorts, flats, jackets, or even going pantless are entirely acceptable routes to take. Still, per usual, guests vamped it up at Versace with plenty of leather and sultry stares, sported tweeds at Chanel, and even the men took cues the ladylike looks at Dior. But rather than taking it from us, compare your favorites in the gallery above.
· Hamish Bowles Made Lena Dunham Change into the Pink Pumps She Wore to the Met Gala [Racked]
· What We Learned From Seth Meyers' Conan O'Brien Spot: Anna Wintour Is Funny [Racked]