Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Lady Gaga's September Vogue cover almost distracted us from her regular column in V, where she talks about whatever she's obsessed with lately. This month her obsession is (like everyone else) nail art. She shows off some of her favorite looks, and then adds that manis are "underrated" and provides six reasons why you should get one. They are:
1. Having a perfect manicure instantly makes you feel beautiful and clean.
2. You'll be ready for sex or to put a penis in your hand.
3. It's a way for you to express yourself (be careful how you do that).
4. It forces you to see the importance of making time for yourself.
5. It boosts your self esteem everyday [sic].
6. It projects an image of success, which is good for biz.
You heard it from the Lady herself, everyone. So get thee to a manicurist already!
· Lady Gaga's September Vogue Cover Has Finally Landed [Racked]
· Gaga Memo #7 [V Magazine]