Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Though Kate Middleton's Olympic wardrobe stayed safely within the jeans, Team GB polo, and Stuart Weitzman wedge territory, her face was a totally different story. Her expressions were some of the greatest we've ever seen—from shock to surprise to confused and a bit miffed—and they managed to stay completely adorable the whole time. How does she do it? File that question under "the world may never know" and enjoy the gallery of the DoC's 18 best 2012 Olympics reactions after the jump.
- We're not skilled lip-readers but we think she's saying "eww" and maybe "oof" here.
- Taste like British breakfast foods.
- Brace yourself.
- Stop it, you two. Seriously. Stop it.
- Less of a great face and more of a wave.
- What did we talk about!?!
- Funny. Kate's face at the swimming event is the same as our faces at the Opening Ceremonies.
- No words.
- She even claps adorably!
- Adorbs. And we don't use that word lightly.
- A rare zoning out, but we'll give it to her. Her facial expressions have gotten plenty of excercise over the two weeks.
- You can never hide. Night even behind that mane.