Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Racked's Shopping Cart Comparisons, a column that investigates how far a budget will stretch at three different stores on any given week.
For today's comparisons, we check in on three of the local boutiques claiming spots in our Indie 38. The only prerequisite is that their websites have to be as good as their inventory so everyone can have a chance to shop awesomely. In light of the summer sales still going strong this week, we're investigating how far $300 will take you at Brooklyn's Dear Fieldbinder, LA's TenOverSix, and Richmond, VA's Need Supply Co. Fun bonus? Need Supply is offering an extra 20% off their sale section. Here's what we're taking home.
Need Supply Co. total: $270.95
(1) Raen Squire In Begal Tort, $70.39 (were $117) (2) Palomarie Cina Handpiece $27.19 (was $46) (3) Road Top, $27.19 (was $48) (4) Seine Sandal $27.19 (was $48) (5) Harley Clutch $31.00 (was $52) (6) Steven Alan Mercer Short, $87.99 (were $198)
Dear Fieldbinder total: $283
(1) Wood Wood Courtney Corduroy Shirt, $71 (was $156) (2) Oscar the Third Barbados Tank $83 (was $128) (3) Cheap Monday Kloss Trot, $81 (was $125) (4) One Teaspoon Hunter Fine Knit Maxi Skirt $48 (was $121)
TenOverSix total: $298
(1) Edith A. Miller Combo Crewneck, $56.00 (was $80) (2) THVM Denim Shorts, $ 70 (were $100) (3) Dieppa Restrepo Dandy Loafer, $ 172 (were $245)
· What $250 Will Get You at J. Crew, Ralph Lauren, and Tory Burch This Week [Racked]
· What $270 Will Get You at ASOS, Intermix, and My Wardrobe This Week [Racked]