Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- ModCloth I Lilac It Like That bag, $54.99
- Opening Ceremony OCNY Rectangular Satchel in lime green, $750
- Coach Legacy Leather Mini Tanner in mint, $258
- IIIBeCa by Joy Gryson Church Street bag in aqua sky, $98 at N
- Loeffler Randall Mini Rider Satchel in neon orange, $395
- Furla Candy Satchel in dragon fruit, $228 at Bloomingdale's
- Botkier Valentina bag in denim, $295 at Shopbop
- Nasty Gal Abbey Crossbody bag in plum, $48
- Rebecca Minkoff Mini M.A.C. in mint, $195
- J. Crew Mini bag in rose dust, $148
Take a ladylike silhouette, toss it in a girly hue, and you've got the crux of spring's handbag lineup. A bright bag is the perfect pop to liven up your winter coat and help you coast into the fairer season. Last year's neons are taking the backseat while this season, the real news is shades of sherbet, sorbet, and acidic pastels.
In the gallery above we have ten bright bags you can pair with your winter gear now and wear well into the warmer months. Pair a mint bag from Rebecca Minkoff or Coach with a black or navy overcoat now and with light denim come spring. A pale lime green satchel from Opening Ceremony pops against your camel coat this month and will liven up your little white dresses once temperatures rise. And easy peach crossbody from J.Crew can transition from puffer to military jacket to tank top weather without missing a beat. Get ideas galore in the gallery above, and start your spring day dreaming right now.—Nicola Fumo
· 10 Winter Florals to Wear Straight Into Spring [Racked]
· Eleven Fresh Takes on the Classic Sailor Stripe [Racked]