Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Mermaid gown with bonus midriff. By Dior.
- Straight, clean lines for the anti-princess gown bride. By Chanel.
- An updated classic by Dior
- This ethearial number would certainly turn heads. By Chanel.
- Metallic leggings optional. By Chanel.
- This belongs in a period dram starring Keira Knightley. By Elie Saab.
- The wedding pantsuit, reimagined. Maybe now it'll catch on. By Dior.
The white gowns and frocks from the Spring 2013 haute couture shows are different, sure, but they're show-stoppers too. Granted, no matter your tastes, if you get a chance to wear a couture wedding gown, you take that chance and you run, run like Julia Roberts before she meets Richard Gere and lives happily ever after. Still, the 7 dresses in the gallery above by Chanel, Dior, and Elie Saab are no Lady St. Petsois JuJu's. But they'll do.
· Presenting 13 Bridesmaid-Friendly Shoes You Might Even Wear Again [Racked]
· UPDATE: A Photo of the Man Repeller's Wedding Dress Has Surfaced, And It Is Awesome. Of Course. [Racked]