Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Rihanna has steadily built excitement for her debut collection, created for UK high-street retailer River Island, with sneak peeks at the campaign featuring Jourdan Dunn, announcing her London Fashion Week show, and by wearing a jumpsuit. Now, she's offering even more access with a video that's walks you through her concept for the range, plus shows several pieces. Head after the jump for what we learned as well as the full preview.
1. The popstar included tie-dye, flower print dresses with spaghetti straps, and crochet.
2. There will be swimwear of the one-piece, triangle bikini, and high-waisted bikini variety. Also, harem pants.
3. She was inspired by London street style, saying, "The high-end designers are inspired by these kids/ They say what's cool and the designers go and design it. Why not go to the source when you want to be ahead of the trend? I wanted to create something that's inspirational, new and fresh—that's why I wanted to work with River Island."
· Rihanna for River Island Collection Preview [Daily Mail]
· The First Look From Rihanna's River Island Collection [Racked]