Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- See by Chloé Tan Belted Oversized Drop Shoulder Coat, $592 (was $845)
- Zara Double Breasted Overcoat, $129.99 (was $169)
- ASOS Oversized Textured Coat, $104.66 (was $149.51)
- A.P.C Hunting Mac in Scottish Wool, $317.50 (was $635)
- OAK Asymmetric Wool-Felt Wrap Coat at Net-a-Porter, $202.50 (was $405)
- Steven Alan Double Breasted Jolen Coat at Bird, $209 (was $425)
- Kensie Belted Coat at Piperlime, $139.99 (was $189)
- Iro Black Leather Trim Lisbeth Coat at SSENSE, $237 (was $790)
- Zara Hand Made Coat, $159.99 (was $199)
Here's a big "duh" as cold weather sinks its teeth in: Coats are a necessity for chilly clime dwellers and you can't just ignore poor fabric quality on account of the
hypothermia chills. It makes sense, then, that outerwear can get up there in price. So hats off to you, savvy shoppers, who waited until the steepest sales (up to 70% off in some cases) go down to make this most important of seasonal purchases. In the gallery above, find 10 choices that will have you feeling toasty even on a budget.
· 10 Chic Animal Sweaters, and Not a Reindeer in Sight [Racked]
· 11 Pants Fit For Partying All December Long [Racked