Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Lady Sybil's Harem Pants: One step for women's rights, and one giant leap for genies everywhere.
- That time Lady Mary single-handedly brought top hats back. All the kids are wearing them.
- We think we found Lady Edith's color.
- And this is how to look forlorn in elbow-length satin gloves.
- Color-blocking and be-feathered fedora's? Lady Mary was ahead of her time.
- Guess which one's the black sheep of the family?
- Being a Lady is Serious.
- The sharpest duds for the skeeviest of footman.
- This neckline.
- Miss Lavinia Swire, you may not have been meant for Matthew, but you can rock a head-piece.
- The Dowager looking severe in purple.
- The Dowager looking severe in black.
- The Dowager looking severe in burgundy.
- Lady Sybil makes another fashion statement for World War I.
- Alexa Chung wishes she had that collar.
- And last, but certainly not least, the corset. May it rest in peace.
We can hardly believe it. It's here. Downton Abbey officially lands in the US on Sunday, so we took the opportunity to relive the fashion highlights of the past two seasons. From harem pants and those hats to corsets and incredible eyebrows, it's a whirlwind sartorial spectacle. Come. Procrastinate with us in the gallery above.
· Downton Abbey Beauty: If Lady Mary's Eyebrows Could Speak, This Is What They Would Say [Racked]
· People Are Buying Expensive Lacy Nightgowns Because of Downton Abbey [Racked]