- Comme des Garcons PLAY x Matt Groening Long Sleeve Striped Jersey Tee, $210 at Opening Ceremony
- Lemlem Ishi Smock Shirt in sky blue, $213
- Boy. by Band of OutsidersMixed Stripe Cardigan, $475 at LaGarçonne
- 3.1 Phillip Lim Space-Dye Striped Suit Jacket, $650 at Neima
- Tory Burch Eliza Pant in blue multi, $295
- Miss Wu Sofie Striped Cashmere Sweater, $295 at Nordstrom
- LOFT Striped Roll Sleeve Sweater,
- L'Agence Sleeveless Dress with Flutter Collar, $575
- Chloé Striped Silk-Chiffon Shirt, $995 at Net-A-Porter
- Joie Shirin Sweater, $278
- A.P.C. Shiny Mandarin Collar Blouse, $230
The classic navy-and-white-striped shirt is a wardrobe workhorse. But after having a moment in the fashion sun over the past few seasons, it's begun to feel a bit tired. For spring, designers have reinvigorated the seafaring strip with cool new twists: mixing sizes, adding pops of citrus lime or bright orange, and engineered stripes.
Comme des Garcons PLAY even took the concept to new, hand-drawn heights by enlisting Simpsons mastermind Matt Groening to doodle over their classic top—in case you needed some cartoonish print mixing in your spring wardrobe.
Click through the gallery above for eleven fresh takes on the preppy staple. Just one thing left to decide: Your sailboat or mine?—Nicola Fumo
· 11 Bold Winter Coats to Break the Black Wool Habit [Racked]
· 10 Chic Animal Sweaters, and Not a Reindeer in Sight [Racked]