Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- This knit white vest looks amazing over a denim jacket or under a winter coat. Plus it's a great transitional piece for the summer to fall ambiguous weather conundrum.
- Tie, tuck or layer this long denim-esque top. Chambray Longline Chambray Shirt, $7.00 (was $19.80)
- The classic black shirt dress. It also comes in blue if you're feeling wild. Sheer Shirtdress, $9.00 (was $22.80)
- Your standard button-down, minus the buttons. Boxy Longline Blouse, $7.00 (was $19.80)
- This is a black mini-skirt. Simple. Essential Flap Skirt, $5.50 (was $15.80)
- The statement tee. There are plenty more on the site if this one does not strike your fancy, but the color is subtle and the crop is the right cut for high-waisted bottoms.
- These skinnies will make an otherwise simple outfit look much less boring. Abstract Skinny Jeans, $9.50 (was $27.80)
- Another good top for high waisted items, this time with a sporty flare. Boxy Striped Sweater, $9.50 (was $22.80)
- Definitely need to wear something under this sweater, possible that denim shirt. Colorblock Sweater, $7.50 (was $19.80)
- Another standout shirt, this time a button-down for more layering possibilities (we stayed consistent with the tie-dye theme). Let it peak through a sweater-jacket combo for some pop.
Forever21 is generally good for fashion-conscious items that will probably disintegrate on or before their trend has passed. It's typically affordable, but during the retailer's massive extra 50% off sale everything is really bottom-of-the-barrel cheap. Here, we've sorted through the deals for (a) items to wear this fall and (b) closet essentials (because hey, sometimes you don't feel like paying $50 for a T-shirt, no matter how nice the material feels).
The picks below avoid the obvious Forever21 cheapness pitfalls where possible. There are no "leather," limited buttons and never-seen-in-the-rainbow colors. Bonus: Purchase every piece in the gallery below, and pay only $96.72. Not bad for 10 wardrobe must-haves that will hold you over until that December raise. The sale extends through October 14, and the code is EXTRA50.
· Forever21 Sale [Official Site]
· Rag & Bone White Jeans Are $23 at the Intermix Sale [Racked]