Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Long Colorblock Field Jacket, $126 (was $198) at J.Crew
- Quilted Tack Jacket, $103.60 (was $158) at J. Crew
- Midrise Twill Capri by J Brand, $23.40 (were $170) at Intermix
- Techno Fit Flared Skirt by Robert Rodriguez, $107.40 (was $199) at Intermix
- Etru Gloves, $31.20 (were $65) at Singer22
- Elizabeth and James Vest, $223.20 (was $395) at Singer22
- Lucky Elephant Shirt, $41.30 (was $59) at Rachel Rachel Roy
- Sequin Dress, $111.30 (was $159) at Rachel Rachel Roy
- Bomber Jacket, $141 (was $282) by Amanda Uprichard
- Tribeca Pant, $67 (was $168) by Amanda Uprichard
- Jemma, $150 (was $265) at Reiss
- Mira Dress, $276.50 (was $395) at Shoshanna
- Shearling Merit Novelty Hobo by Marc Jacobs, $237.50 (was $598) at Barneys Warehouse
- Lizard Embossed Allie Bag by Rebecca Minkoff, $290 (was $850)
- BCBGeneration Pleated Vegan Leather Skirt, $68.60 (was $98) at Piperlime
- Minkpink Sweater, $62.30 (was 86) at Piperlime
- Loeffler Randall Felix Book, $276.50 (were $395) at Piperlime
- Moto Bleach Western Jacket, $31.50 (was $90) at Topshop
- Knitted Angora Jumper, $31.50 (was $92) at Topshop
- Abama Western Ankle Boots, $28 (were $136) at Topshop
Columbus' ship has sailed, but some retailers have left their sales—erm—sailing. There's no need to look back towards spring/summer 2013: The best nine discounted sites are full of all things cozy and layerable right in time for the next cold front. Take a look at our two or three picks for fall from each one above and grab details on the sales below. · Amanda Uprichard: Through October 25, items from the summer 2013 collection are 50 to 75% off. The majority of the items have a very Martha's-Vinyard-in-July feel, but a select few pieces carry on into the colder months.
· Barneys Warehouse: Take an additional 50% off women's handbags and 40% off men's and women's accessories. Key buys here include Alexander Wang, a couple Minkoffs and a ton of Gryson leather goods. There are lots of clutches and you can even score some items for $25.
· J.Crew: Take 30% off the sale section online and in store (not available at the Ludlow Shop or Madison Avenue location in New York). Enter FALLSALE at checkout.
· Piperlime: Here's a another site looking ahead with 30% off select fall goods. Enter code FALL at checkout on designated products. You'll have to offer up all your contact info before being prompted to enter the code, FYI. There's a ton of boxy and varsity-inspired jackets, cozy-looking white and grey sweaters, and holiday dresses.
· Rachel Roy: Take 30% off everything, including Rachel Roy and Rachel Rachel Roy labels, through Tuesday, October 15 at midnight.
· Reiss Outlet: In a rare move, Reiss has put its ladylike goodies on sale for 30% off, plus free shipping. Prices as marked, and the discount goes through October 15.
· Singer22: Through October 15, take 20% off celebrity-approved items (they've got pics of everyone from Rihanna to Cara Delevingne should you want to shop their closets). Enter COLUMBUS at checkout.
· Topshop: It's the sale that never ends, and seems to be growing. Take 30% off—price reflected at checkout—and if you haven't checked in in a few days, take another look. New stuff keeps finding its way over.
Update: Find details on Shopbop's Friends & Family sale here!