Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Sandro is plotting its US expansion in a major way. In addition to 27 shop-in-shops at Bloomingdale's, the endlessly shoppable French brand is opening its own boutiques across the country. There are currently eight Sandros—in cities like New York, Vegas, San Fran and Greenwich, CT—with six more slated to open by the end of the year.
Upcoming targets include South Florida (the Aventura Mall north of Miami), Chicago, Palm Beach, Beverly Hills and Columbus Circle in Manhattan. Today, the label's first Brooklyn store opened in Williamsburg. According to the buying director at Net-a-Porter, Sandro and sister brand Maje's allure is obvious. "[They] balance sophisticated Left-Bank inspired designs with great price points," she said. "They appeal to our customers who are in search of a chic Parisian cool aesthetic."
· Sandro Opens in Brooklyn [WWD, sub req]
· Voilà! Construction Begins on Sandro, The Kooples [Racked LA]
· At Sandro, Black-and-Blue is Hot For Winter [Racked Chicago]
· Sandro Signage Arrives in Williamsburg [Racked NY]
· Parisian-Chic Sandro Is Opening on Fillmore August 16! [Racked SF]