Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Carine goes really big in Max Mara.
- Zara Checked Coat, $239.
- MSGM Mohair Coat, $828.
- Massimo Dutti Hooded Coat, $375.
- Club Monaco Naomi Patterned Wool Coat, $389.
- Topshop ‘Amelie’ Slouchy Boyfriend Coat, $178.
- Rebecca Minkoff Shuttle Coat, $998.
- 10 Crosby Derek Lam Engineered Long Mot
- Maje Demeure Terry Coat, $685.
- Rochas Virgin Wool Blend Coat, $1,705.
- Girl By Band Of Outsiders Fur Collar Coat, $735.
- Tibi Bonded Techy Twill Coat, $835.
Melissa McCarthy's not the only woman enamored with oversize coats this year. This season, larger than life coats are totally key. The style was embraced by everyone from Balenciaga, who put out a colossal cocoon topper, to Stella McCartney's exaggerated tuxedo style and Girl By Band Of Outsiders' wool coat with jumbo pockets. In the gallery, we've rounded up our top picks for nailing this menswear-inspired trend in gorgeous neutrals, rich textures and super-cool colors. Because right now, bigger is much better.