Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- French actress Olga Kurylenko. Photo via.
- Freida Pinto and Olga Kurylenko. Photo via.
- January Jones and Freida Pinto with a Russian Glamour editor. Photo via.
- January Jones. Photo via H&M.
- Freida Pinto in the best look of the night. Photo via.
- Olga Kurylenko in a Marant x H&M dress and heels. Image via.
- Actress and model Àstrid Bergès-Frisbey.
- What Isabel wore. Photo via.
- Model and Russian street style star Elena Perminova. Photo via.
- Marant flanked by Audrey Tautou and Freida Pinto. Photo via.
- Alex Wek. Photo via.
- Another view. Photo via.
- The pop-up shop, before it was ravaged. Image via.
- More of the pop-up shop. Photo via.
- A pair of boots from the pop-up shop. Photo via.
H&M threw a blowout party in Paris last night to celebrate its upcoming launch with Isabel Marant. There were celebrities, there was a disco where the Sugarhill Gang and Grandmaster Flash performed, and perhaps most importantly, there was a pop-up shop where international editors and "It" people could grab up handfuls of the collection before its release on November 14.
H&M worked with Marant to create an atmosphere that resembled Paris in the early '90s, which was when the designer started selling her line. "We wanted to present the collection in a way that felt real and casual, not a red-carpet extravaganza: this is how I see my work. I design for everybody and am constantly inspired by the world I see around me, so it felt natural to have an urban setting as the backdrop of the event. And it had to be Paris, because the city is part of my DNA," said Marant.
Celebrity guests included January Jones, Freida Pinto, Audrey Tautou and the designer herself. After the jump, see how they wore the collection.
Inside the disco bash.