Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- That's one cozy-looking sweater. Photo via Eat. Sleep. Wear.
- Mango cable-knit cotton sweater, $39.99.
- Zara fancy knit square cut sweater, $79.99.
- Topshop knitted a
- Massimo Dutti wool-cashmere side zip sweater, $98.50.
- Madewell Boatneck Cableknit Sweater, $110.
- Theory Innis sweater, $285.
- Cardigan Estelle marled cable crew in light gray, $298.
- Steven Alan Vallenar cable knit sweater, $345.
- Peter Jensen cable knit jumper, $358.
- Carven wool-blend crochet knit sweater, $390.
- Rag & Bone Cara pullover, $395.
- J.Crew Collection handknit popcorn sweater, $648.
- Isabel Marant Noreen Chunky Knit, $780.
- 3.1 Phillip Lim long pullover with exposed zipper, $795.
- Erdem textured open-knit sweater, $1,280.
Cable-knit sweaters are a cool-weather essential, returning year after year because face it: it's chilly out and these are like blankets with sleeves. The key to carrying off this classic look is by truly making it your own—it can be edgy with a pair of leather pants and boots, feminine with pumps and an A-line skirt or casual with boyfriend jeans and flats. In the gallery below, shop our favorite styles at every price point, from under $40 to sky's-the-limit.
· 11 Awesomely Oversize Coats to Wrap Yourself In This Winter [Racked]
· 7 Pairs of Black Lace-Up Boots To Channel a '90s Rock Babe [Racked]