Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Collection Liberty Topcoat in Phoebe Floral, $222 (was $525)
- Collection Cashmere Tippi Sweater, $84.00 (was $188)
- Cropped Vintage Straight Jean, $78 (was $178)
- Collection Everly Studded Pumps, $150 (was $358)
- Classic Schoolboy Blazer, $78 (was $175)
- Oversize Merino Pocket Sweater, $60 (was $118)
- Toothpick Cord, $21 (was $98)
- Piped Suede Ballet Flats, $82.80 (was $148)
- Heathered Sequin Tank, $18 (was $128)
- Midrise Toothpick Jean In Fern Print, $64.8 (was $135)
- Vintage Cotton Tee, $15 (was $29.50)
- Toothpick Jean In Garment-dyed Twill, $30 (was $125)
- Quilted Tiki Popover, $84 (was $225)
- Denim Short In Faded Indigo, $42 (was $79.50)
- Keeper Chambray Shirtdress, $48 (was $118)
- Technicolor Floral Necklace, $60 (was $165)
- Collection Cashmere Sailor Sweater, $96 (was $278)
- Scallop-Trim Mini, $46.80 (was $98)
J.Crew has launched an additional 40% off final sale items through Saturday, October 12 in stores and online. It's a solid opportunity to fill out your fall wardrobe with transitional pieces, since the sale covers light to warm sweaters, blazers, various coats, dresses that would work perfectly for cocktail events and autumn weddings, and plenty of accessories to update existing fall goods. As for pricing, sweaters start at $24, pants start at $21, and key fall layering pieces like a sequin tank start at $18 (was $128). For menswear, there are plenty of shirts, which start at $18, outerwear for $72 and up, and shoes for $12.
The only downsides are that sizing is limited in many cases, and no returns are allowed. Check out a seven outfit pairings comprised of 18 pieces total below. They're centered around basics that you can wear through spring, so enter EXTRA40 at checkout and hunker down for the long haul.