Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Majesty peacoat and wool cashmere turtleneck sweater
- Marled colorblock sweater, Cutler and Gross® 0734 sunglasses and Sorel® for J.Crew Joan of Arctic boots.
- Falmouth parka, denim jacket in medium worn wash and camo flannel-lined bedford cord in 770 fit.
- Collection blazer coat in paisley silk-wool twill.
- Boulder vest and Alpaca turtleneck sweater.
- Colorblock funnelneck coat and Toscana shearling trapper hat.
- 484 selvedge jeans in wheat, Snorkel jacket and Original Chippewa® for J.Crew plain-toe boots.
- Buffalo check peacoat, tissue turtleneck tee and Collection cashmere sweatpant.
- Rustic merino elbow patch sweater.
- Excursion quilted vest, Pixie pant and cashmere hat.
- Harris Tweed large herringbone slim suit pant.
- Alpine Fair Isle in deep navy sweater, sun-faded chino and Sorel® Caribou® boots.
- Double-cloth Metro with Thinsulate® coat, Cambridge cable turtleneck sweater and Claremont purse.
- Penfield® for J.Crew down jacket and vest.
- Wool cashmere turtleneck sweater.
- Slim thermal henley shirt.
- Military parka, cashmere buffalo check scarf and chevron checker glittens.
- Authier® quilted jacket, Collection toothpick jean in chevron bead and Sperry Top-Sider® for J.Crew shearwater boots.
- Wallace & Barnes Pieced Sawtooth jacket, Donegal wool shirt-jacket and slim selvedge jean in rinse wash.
- Quilted overshirt, Callan Fair Isle sweater and slim sweatpant in navy.
- Collection snow tweed jacket, matchstick jean in pitch black wash and Dents® cashmere-lined leather gloves.
- Side button sweater, fluted skirt in double crepe and wool houndstooth scarf.
- Ludlow elbow patch in Colburn English tweed sportcoat and Wallace & Barnes basketweave scarf.
- Makeout moment.
- Collection cashmere tunic, gold stripe mini skirt and chevron checker snood.
- Matchstick cord, merino Fair Isle sweater and crinkle Boy shirt in black check.
J.Crew shot its last catalog—apologies, Style Guide—in the charmingly rustic fields of the Cotswolds in England. It was perfectly timed to the brand's UK invasion and the setting was ideal for the J.Crew's tweedy little jackets and toggle coats.
For December, the creative team has moved on to a destination that's just as picturesque in a snowy state: Zermatt, Switzerland. Models fight the chill with thick boots, puffers and cashmere layers while their male counterparts pose against rugged terrain, climbing boulders and generally looking like your dream J.Crew boyfriend. For winter, the retailer has teamed with brands that'll help you handle the cold like Sorel, Penfield, Authier and Chippewa because pumps are just not going to cut it for climbing the Matterhorn. See the full lookbook up now on Pinterest and click through for the most romantic shots. The pieces will be in stores this Wednesday and are available for pre-order now at (800) 261-7422.
· December Style Guide [J.Crew/Pinterest]
· Second Half of J.Crew's November Style Guide Full of Brit Knits [Racked]
· Here's a Peek at J.Crew's Pinteresting November Style Guide [Racked]