Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
· Apple leads Forbes list of most valuable brands [Forbes]
· New Balance sneaker or the year a pope died? [McSweeney's]
· New iPhones will be bigger with curved glass screens [Bloomberg]
· Adele reportedly turned down a major offer from L'Oréal [Marie Claire UK]
· China's "Singles Day" becomes biggest online shopping event in the world [BI]
· Miley Cyrus wears Biggie and Tupac dress to MTV Euro Awards [StyleWatch]
· Maison Martin Margiela debuts a men's fragrance inspired by smoky Brooklyn jazz clubs of yesteryear [GQ UK]