Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Poppy Delevingne providing inspiration. Photo via.
- Forever 21 luxe faux fur vest, $34.80.
- Zara long fur waistcoat, $99.90.
- Via Spiga faux fur vest, $119.90.
- Topshop faux fur vest, $130.
- Sam Edelman suede with faux fur vest, $189.
- Michael Kors faux-fur toggle vest, $195.
- Alice & Olivia long faux-fur vest, $220.
- Ella Moss Nico vest, $248.
- Paul & Joe Sister faux fur vest, $310.
- Twelfth Street By Cynthia Vincent faux fur vest, $325.
- Thakoon Addition hooded vest, $525
- Tsumori Chisato colorblock vest, $1,093.
- MSGM colorblock vest, $1,227.
There's something undeniably bold about wearing a big faux-fur vest—it either says, "I'm a fashion person," or, when paired with bell bottoms, "I'm in a throwback '70s easy rock band" or, more likely, "I'm Rachel Zoe." Whatever message you're looking to telegraph, there are tons of animal-friendly options out there, from pretty and patterned to cropped to classic to majorly oversize. As a layering piece, they fit over pretty much anything from a sweater to a coat and can make jeans look really fancy. After the jump, shop our favorites ringing in for under $40 to more than a grand.
· 11 Chic Plaid Shirts That'll Stoke Your Nineties Nostalgia [Racked]
· 15 Thick-Knit Sweaters Perfect For Layering [Racked]
· 11 Awesomely Oversize Winter Coats to Wrap Yourself In This Winter [Racked]