- Ari Dein's Imperial lace-back pajama.
- "My favorite Russian ballet costume designer’s work lured me from a love of tutu corsetry into an obsession with intimate apparel. I also have Russian roots. At first, the trip seemed like an opportunity to visit a country I probably wouldn’t soon
- "I bought ballet tickets for the Mariinsky Theatre (Anna Karenina) before we left, but we basically highlighted museums and sites in the guidebook while on the plane. I think it's important to know if the city your traveling opens itself to aiml
- "I look to museums or local markets for inspiration, but sometimes I find it just by walking around and exploring. St. Petersburg is definitely better experienced with a plan of attack (which we discovered first hand with trial and error), so we ma
- "[The most inspiring thing I saw was] the Hermitage. It’s single handedly the most exquisite building I’ve ever been inside, and getting up close and personal with my favorite Rousseaus and Matisses was awe-inspiring. I also take a lot of pictures
- "St. Petersburg is actually kind of run down at first glance, so I love the metaphor of a Faberge egg which is plain on the outside but ornate and intricately detailed inside. Each time we entered a new building there was an extraordinary s
- "If you are fortunate enough to be able to travel to the source of your inspiration, then your collection transforms because you do. Tools like Google are great for preliminary research and fact-finding missions. But they don't shape what kind of a