Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Inside each box lies two pumpkin cream Cronuts™ sprinkled with gold leaf. [Photo]
- David Stark's rustic fabric Cronut™ carrier boasts a pocket with a pocket square a tag urging its owner to "Enjoy!" its sweet contents. [
- Model Heidi Klum decided to bedazzle her Cronut™ vessel. Not only do you get the container and the pastries, you also land a signature from The Body herself. [
- Simon Doonan, creative ambassador to Barneys went the odd-fashion-person route with an avant garde plastic case decorated with long blonde (faux??) hair. The caption on this one reads, in part, "We’re sure you’ve got just the place for it in you
- Peter Som's Cronut™ carrier is the most designer-y of all, with an original print and a clean, sophisticated exterior. [
- Potter and retail maven Jonathan Adler went the colorful route, decking out his Cronut™ carrier in bright, bold shades of red, orange, blue, yellow, green and pink. [
- Christiane Lemieux, founder and creative director of DwellStudio, sketched a whimsical, nature-inspired design upon her Cronut™ carrier. [
Yesterday, bidding opened on The Cronut™ Mission, a selection of 16 Cronut™ carriers specially-designed by New York city luminaries, fashion folks and the stars of a few Broadway shows. The mission is the work of pastry chef Dominique Ansel and God's Love We Deliver; the pastries are being auctioned off online to benefit clients of God's Love, a NYC-based organization that provides meals to people who are too sick to shop or cook for themselves. Each Cronut™ carrier contains two special pumpkin cream Cronuts™ sprinkled with gold leaf. Bidding began at $100 and will run through November 26.
· Give: The Cronut™ Mission [God's Love We Deliver]
· Fashion World Discovers the Cronut, Part II: Terry Richardson [Racked]