Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Gisele in a Kenzo sweatshirt. Photo via The Trend Diaries.
- Zara neoprene top, $59.90.
- ASOS neoprene sweatshirt with zip elbow, $67.63.
- Tibi structured sweatshirt, $138.
- Sandro neoprene printed sweatshirt, $143.
- Whistles grid quilt neoprene sweatshirt, $145.
- Clover Canyon crystal corset sweatshirt, $220.
- Sachin + Babi neoprene sweatshirt, $225.
- MSGM sweatshirt, $270.
- Kenzo quilted neoprene sweatshirt, $440.
- DKNY neoprene tweedy sweatshirt, $495.
- 3.1 Phillip Lim neoprene zip detail sweatshirt, $525.
- Alexander Wang double face neoprene sweatshirt , $595.
- Stella McCartney colorblocked neoprene sweatshirt, $845.
- Proenza Schouler bi-colour hoodie, $975.
The neoprene sweatshirt—the lovechild of two major trends, futuristic and athletic—is genius in that it gives a fashion boost to just about any outfit. It's also plain fun to wear a fabric that was once exclusive to scuba gear and laptop cases.
Thanks to designers like Givenchy, Stella McCartney and Kenzo, the delightfully lazy piece has sparked a major fashion craze. Pair yours with skinny jeans and boots for a model-approved look (see above) or a pencil skirt and pumps for a spin on office-appropriate. Click through to shop our neoprene picks (some majorly on sale) from the likes of Zara and ASOS to Clover Canyon and Proenza Schouler.