Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Photos via JPVegas/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES.
- On a level from one to naked, this is like a seven (aka pretty naked).
- Britney Spears, showgirl.
- Not sure what's going on here, but it looks like some sort of twisted musical chairs scenario.
- Nineties Britney.
- She's blonde, she's brunette, she's...
- An angel?
- The sparkle suit returns.
Britney Spears kicked off her two-year, $30 mil Planet Hollywood Resort residency in Vegas on Friday night, serenading the crowd with renditions of her greatest hits such as "Toxic," "Circus," "Crazy," and "Womanizer" (here's the full set list). There were also wigs, costume changes, hunky male backup dancers in crop tops, and Britney floating down to earth in an enormous angel costume.
The spectacle drew celebrities like Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus, who just couldn't help but try to upstage Spears by dramatically making out with one of her female backup dancers. Oh, and there was a (planned) cameo by a very game Mario Lopez, who Britney harnessed, leashed and lead around on his hands and knees.
Take a look at the best costume changes and events, below.
· Britney: Piece of Me [Planet Hollywood Resort]
· Britney Spears' Hulk Abs Take Vegas [Racked]
· 'U Wanna Piece of Me?'—Britney's Boutique Now Open [Racked Vegas]
· It's Official: Britney Spears Lands a $30 Million Vegas Contract [Racked Vegas]