Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Here at Racked, we're dedicating this week to the kind of fantastical shopping that most of us only get to experience in dreams (or at 80%-off sample sales, which are generally somewhat less than posh.) Taking a page from casino parlance, we'll be talking a lot about "whales," those big spenders who feel perfectly comfortable dropping tens of thousands of dollars every night on roulette, or, in our case, on Cartier. Welcome to Whale Week 2013.
Here are the top posts of Whale Week 2013 in Racked's cities across the country:
· A shopping guide to New York's royal couple, Bey and Jay [Racked NY]
· "But this is an Alaïa!" How the brands of Clueless fared since 1995 [Racked]
· Dang, that's a lot of Proenza Schouler bags, Olga Valentina [Racked LA]
· The most expensive stores across the continental US [Racked]
· So much bling! In the shape of dragons, too! [Racked Boston]
· Movies shopping sprees since the '80s. Because a girl can dream. [Racked]
· Confessions of filthy rich childhood [Racked NY]
· Eunice Johnson shoes how clothes-horsing is done [Racked Chicago]
· A walk through Mariah Carey's palatial shoe paradise [Racked]
· The Equinox Sports Club you wish you could get into [Racked LA]
· What Silicon Valley ballers should spend their money on [Racked SF]
· How to dress like the late PA Whale, Grace Kelly [Racked Philly]
· Wowza, these Francisco ladies sure did know how to spend [Racked SF]