Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
If there was ever a song made to show off a mani, it was "Single Ladies," which Beyonce rocked out at the Super Bowl halftime show last night. While she was showing off the ring Jay-Z put on it, we were staring at her gold foil manicure. Here's what you need to know about the look:
· She actually debuted these nails a few days ago. At the Super Bowl press conference where she sang the National Anthem live and in person just to prove she could, Bey was already sporting the gold-foil-with-chevron-print nail art.
· The mani was reportedly the work of Lisa Logan for Minx. That makes sense, since Bey has been sporting looks from Minx since 2008 and Logan was her manicurist before collaborating on a line with the beauty brand.
· Although it seemed like every single person in our Twitter feed was talking about the surprise Destiny's Child reunion, "Beyonce" was only the #2 Google search term during the game. Number one was M&Ms, thanks to their super sweet commercial. "Beyonce's Nails" didn't crack the top five.
· Beyoncé's Inauguration Nails Are Orange, For the Record [Racked]
· Beyonce's Fierceness Breaks the Super Bowl [Racked]
· Minx by Lisa Logan [Official Site]