Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Party Bites, a new Racked series where fancy people at glamourous parties answer our probing questions.
- Leigh Lezark, DJ, The Misshapes
- Akin Akman, model
- RJ King, model
- Matthew Mazur, guest and Pablo Olea, guest (Right)
- Giovanna Noe, guest
- Peter Kunhardt, Jr. (Left) and Lara Glaister
- Mike Nouveau, DJ
- Jeisa Chiminazzo, model
- Michelle Salem, guest and Patrik Sandberg, DIS Magazine (right)
- Yumi Matsuo, Guest-of-Guest
- Lauren Valenti, Elle.com
- Katarina Maloney and Suzie Kukaj
- Joao Moraes, model
Last night, we swung by the Melissa galeria in New York's Soho to celebrate the new collaboration with Karl Lagerfeld. To make the most of all the amazing talent involved—Melissa, the Brazilian-based jelly and/or plastic shoe superstars; Karl, the designer; Cara Delevingne, the face—we played a word association game. Because nothing says "congrats on the shoes" like shouting words at strangers. Note: The Kaiser himself eventually dropped in (he smells exactly how you think he would) (amazing), but he wasn't down to play our silly games. Maybe it's all for the best since our prompts were "Jelly," "Plastic," "Karl Lagerfeld," and "Cara Delevingne."
· All Party Bites Coverage [Racked]
· Karl Shoots Cara for Melissa Shoes [Racked]
· Are Chanel's Helmet Hats the New Slouchy Beanie? [Racked]