Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
A new outlet mall has supplied our sister site, Racked Chicago, and bored travelers on a layover at O'Hare with an extra shot of excitement this Monday morning. Called The Fashion Outlets of Chicago, the doozy of a shopping experience is slated to open August 1, so hop over the jump for a couple reasons our malls are jealous of that mall.
· Lower and higher-end stores like Prada, J.Crew, Forever 21, Nike Factory Store, Halston, Herve Leger, Helzberg Diamonds, Hugo Boss, Michael Kors, and Allsaints. AND those brands will rub probably greasy elbows with Sobarro, Hooters, and the restaurent that leaves no questions about what you want an when you want it, Chicken Now.
· An airport. It will be located a stones throw from O'Hare International Airport and shoppers can go through TSA and check your baggage at the mall.
· LED Screens that planes flying in can see.
· Custom contemporary art.
· Did we mention Chicken Now?
· BOOM: The Fashion Outlets of Chicago Announce Star Roster of Retail; Neiman's, Saks, Prada, Gucci, Halston Top The List [Racked Chicago]
· So a Bear Walks Into a Mall... [Racked]
· Here's a Handy "Street Slang" Refresher, Courtesy of the Mid-'90s Express Employee Training Materials [Racked]