Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Pierre Hardy x Nars Protective Pairs in Sharks, $30 for two, at Barneys
- Inglot Nail Enamel, $10
- Essie Go Ginza, $7.79 at Target
- Butter London Bossy Boots, $15 at Macy's
- Topshop Nails in Oyster,
- Deborah Lippmann I Know What Boys Like Nail Polish, $17 at Blue Mercury
- L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail Color in Orange You Jealous, $5.99 at CVS
- American Apparel Nail Laquer in Butter, $6
- Ciaté Paint Pot in Pepperminty, $15 at Lord & Taylor
- Ginger + Liz The Professional, $12 at Urban Outfitters
- Cirque Cape Liz, $13 at International Playground
- Yves Saint Laurent Beauté La Laque Gris Deco,
Pause. Manicure check. Are you A) winter windchapped with cuticles that need professional attention; B) stuck to your cold-weather charcoal, navy, or plum hue; C) pretending it's tropical time with some kind of vibrant red-orange? Get it together and accept that it's no longer winter but it sure ain't summer. Treat your nails thusly to an in-between shade: something with a hit of color, but a little subdued.
Red addicts should give L'Oreal's creamy Orange You Jealous a try, girls that favor barely there color ought to paint on a coat of American Apparel's Butter, and the somehow-I-always-find-my-way-to-neon chick can take it down just a notch with the Pierre Hardy x Nars high-contrast paired shades. Click through the gallery for all 14 pastel hues.
· All Buy It Now posts [Racked NY]