Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Shoe Week: a five-day celebration of all things footwear, from the best new arrivals to our favorite places to shop for heels, flats, and everything in between.
- Nicholas Kirkwood, 5.1 inches, $1,260
- Alexander McQueen, 5.5 inches, $1,485
- Saint Laurent, 5.5 inches, $875
- Jimmy Choo, 5.7 inches, $895
- Boutique 9, 5.75 inches, $160
- Charlotte Olympia, 6 inches, $1,150
- Giuseppe Zanotti, 6 inches, $895
- Christian Louboutin, 6 inches, $1,295
- Giambattista Valli, 6 inches, $875
- Giuseppe Zanotti, 6 inches, $695
- Christian Louboutin, 6.3 inches, $3,995
- Brian Atwood, 6.5 inches, $895
Okay, the saying is actually, "the higher the hair the closer to God," but in lieu of a Dolly Parton 'do, sport Nene Leakes heels to touch the heavens. In the good name of Shoe Week, we challenged ourselves to find the highest heels on the market. In the gallery above, peep twelve bona fide sti-let-tos ranked from Nicholas Kirkwood's demure 5.1 inch pumps to Brian Atwood's trophy-stealing 6.5 inch peep toes.
· All Shoe Week 2013 coverage [Racked NY]
· All Buy It Now posts [Racked NY]