Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Through tomorrow at midnight, J.Crew is offering its dresses on sale for 20% off. In the name of summer simplicity, shop the three basic dresses below and style them up depending on the occasion. Here we come, carefree summer style!
Rugby striped dress, $70.40 (was $88.00)
1. The easy striped dress: Wear to work with a neutral blazer, or strap on sandals and head out for the weekend. Need a beach cover-up? Done.
Memo dress in summer, $150.40 (was $188.00)
2. Cocktail party/weddings/graduation dress: The fits flattering and the cut is conservative, and if black doesn't strike your fancy, try one of the other four colors.
Carmela dress in silk chiffon, $236.00 (was $295.00)
3. The mid-length summer dress: This one is more of a splurge, but see all of the above appropriate occasions and add date night, roof parties, and barbecues. We could wear it every day for all the things with only slightly styling changes.
Check out the rest of the summer dresses (in girl's too!) or those above in different color options here
· 8 Flats That Show Off Your Pedi From Piperlime's 40% Off Sale [Racked]
· 8 Places to Shop for the Perfect Swimsuit on the Internet [Racked]