Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Beauty Wire, where we round up the day's biggest beauty news.
You'd trust your beauty regime to this man, right? Image via Eater
There is more to Mario Batali than delicious pasta and orange crocs. His New York restaurant/grocery Eataly has launched a beauty e-commerce shop carrying a variety of brands, just in time for Mother's Day. There, you can shop food-themed beauty products from olive oil-based soaps to yogurt infused shampoo. We do not recommend gifting them all together, however, unless you want your mom to smell like antipasti. [StyleBistro]
· Zack Galifianakis is getting into the nail art trend in his new SNL promo. He sports a very special mani with Justin Bieber,
· Dolce & Gabbana has released an almost painfully attractive behind-the-scenes look at their new Light Blue fragrance campaign. Filmed by Mario Testino in Capri, Italy, the clip features David Gandy, David Gandy's abs, and Bianca Balti in a dreamlike ocean getaway. [ Refinery29]
· For today's lesson in label design, we turn our attention to Dr. Bronner's All-Natural Soaps. Turns out the labeling is part of a family tradition started by the company's founder to promote an "all-one" idea on the importance of living in harmony. [FastCompany]
· Vichy has launched a new "Cellulite Confessions" campaign with a video on "How NOT to Treat Your Cellulite," featuring no-nos from body shapers to butt-vacuuming. The video is accompanied by the brand's new Destock Stomach and Celludestock products as well as workout tips. Just in case you were starting to look forward to "bikini season" for a second there. [Vichy]
· New beauty subscription service alert: Olfactif is now offering trials of niche scents for a manageable $18 a month. Featured among their debut collection are Parfums DelRae Début, Ineke Rühland After My Own Heart, and Maria Candida Gentile. [Allure]—Alyssa Carroll