Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
In case you missed them, here are the top stories from the week in Racked:
· How the Met Ball became a mini-industry
· Nicolas Ghesquiere on Balenciaga: "I was being sucked dry"
· The 16 most whimsical wedding dresses from bridal week
· Downton Abbey is getting a clothing line. Finally.
· Up close with Miuccia Prada's gorgeous Gatsby costumes
· Does this JCPenney's commercial make you uncomfortable?
· These are the most expensive dresses ever sold on Net-a-Poter