Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Party Bites, where fancy people at glamorous parties answer our probing questions.
- Michelle Smith, Creative Director, Milly
- Erica Wiengarten, PR Assistant, Banana Republic
- Simon Kneen, Creative Director, Banana Republic
- Aminta Iriarte, Fashion Blogger, clothesandfashion.net
- Drew Pare, Model
- Susannah Benjamin, Fashion and Fine Art Photographer
- Rona Siegel, Photographer Rep, Rona Represents
- Eddie Rosetti, blogger
- Courtney Hakanson, Social Media Strategist, Attention PR
It takes approximately two hours to get from New York City to the Hamptons (on a good day). But last night, we got a taste of the preppy desintation at the launch party for the Banana Republic x Milly summer collection—and we didn't even have to take the Jitney!
Banana Creative Director Simon Kneen was on hand alongside Milly designer Michelle Smith to fête the launch of their new Hamptons-inspired collaboration at the retailer's SoHo location. Guests sipped fruity, champagne-laced lemonade and were treated to complimentary Milly x Banana Republic manis, putting us in a particularly WASP-y mood. So we had to ask partygoers: If you could get any preppy icon embroidered on your shorts, what would it be? See what they said in the gallery above.—Jihan Forbes
· Check Out the Entire Milly x Banana Republic Hamptons Collection [Racked]
· All Party Bites coverage[Racked]