Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Party Bites, a new Racked series where fancy people at glamourous parties answer our probing questions.
- Simon Doonan, Creative Ambassador At Large, Barneys New York
- Hannah Bronfman, Entrepreneur
- Doreen Remen, Co-Founder, Art Production Fund
- Carolina Zapf, Designer Baby CZ, and Angela Meredith-Jones, guest
- Browne Andrews, Jewelry Designer
- Bettina Prentice, Prentice Art Communications
- Kimberly Chandler
- Dorothy Lichtenstein
The art and fashion realms collided last night as Barneys New York launched its latest collaboration inspired by pop artist Roy Lichtenstein. The Madison Avenue department store partnered with the Art Production Fund and the artist's estate to produce a limited edition home goods collection, complete with Roy Lichtenstein placemats and beach blankets. In honor of the Lichtenstein comic paintings that we all know and love—if you need a fashion translation, think 3.1 Phillip Lim Fall 2012—we asked Hannah Bronfman, Simon Doonan, and Dorothy Lichtenstein, and more about the comic book character they wish they could be. Poof! Their responses are in the gallery. —Claudia Saide
· All Party Bites Coverage [Racked]
· Roy Lichtenstein's Pop Art Palooza Takes Over Barneys [Racked NY]