Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
You know that sinking feeling. You've got a cocktail in hand and a groomsman on your arm when you step onto the reception lawn and your beautiful, pristine spike heels sink into the grass. Avoid this scenario and embrace the dressy wedge sandal.
We've identified twelve that are both wedding appropriate and lawn friendly—including a wooden-soled option from See by Chloé, an elegant espadrille by Schutz, and a modern cut-out version courtesy of Matiko. Go get your lawn party on without accidentally aerating the grass.—Cleo Zancope
- Ann Demeulemeester Sculpted Wedge Sandal, $648.83 (on sale from $763.33) at Far Fetch
- Matiko Elena Cutout Wedge Sandals in Light Brown/Nude, $152.60 (on sale from $218) at Shopbop
- Ancient Greek Sandals Dorotea Wedge Sandals in Taupe/Platinum, $330 at Shopbop
- Jack Rogers Clare Wedge Sandal in Black, $112 (on sale from $160 until 6/10) at
- Schutz Fechado Nubuck Raffia Wedge Pump in Orange, $83.30 (on sale from $119 until 6/10) at
- Juliette Wedge Sandal in Electric Blue, $297 (on sale from $495) at 3.1 Phillip Lim
- Chloé Green Striped High Wedge Espadrille Heels, $248 (on sale from $495) at SSense
- Ankle Strap Leather Wedge Shoes in Off White, $129.99 at Mango
- Cork Wedge with Ankle Strap in Green, $89.90 at Zara
- Rachel Comey Kinta Sandal in Mud, $282.10 (on sale from $403) at Otte NY
- See by Chloé Leather and Wooden Wedge Sandals in Black, $140 (on sale from $350) at The Outnet
- Kalani Peep Toe Wedge in Hot Fuchsia, $59.95 at Sole Society