Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Beauty Wire, where we round up the day's biggest beauty news.
Er, he was just joking you guys. Via Forbes
Following a joke he made to an Italian magazine about receiving a "ball-ironing" procedure, George Clooney has prompted one Santa Monica spa to offer a very real new surgical procedure called "Tighten the Tackle." Basically a "male-vajacial," the procedure costs $575 and "involves using lasers to remove hair, erase wrinkles, and correct discoloration on the scrotum." [TheCut]
· Forget juicing. One Berlin woman managed to give herself a 16-inch-waist by sleeping in a corset for three years. Though docs say she could lose her mobility, she says, "'My life hasn't changed, just slowed down a little. Now my movement is more feminine." [DailyMail]
· After months of legal battles with Kroma Makeup over naming rights, Kardashian Beauty has finally re-launched. Available through Ulta, the line's stocked with the sister's "natural beauty" picks including fake lashes, liners and mascaras. [Newsday]
· Beyonce is channeling the "power, passion, and playfulness" she puts into her performances into a new Heat the Mrs. Carter Show fragrance to celebrate her world tour, which celebrates her marriage. [BeyonceParfums]
· HairEnvy.com is launching a line of hair tools from Harry Josh, the stylist known for creating styles for Gisele and Gwyneth. Including a $300 blow dryer, the tools should maximize "efficiency and performance" in your hair, while doing exactly the opposite for your budget. [WWD]
· America's sweetheart Donald Trump mocked Miss World's decision to remove the bikini contest from their Indonesian pageant this year, saying "Well, I own Miss Universe so I'm actually very happy about it because if [Miss World doesn't] have bikinis their ratings are gonna go right down the tubes." [TheGloss] – —Alyssa Carroll