Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Beauty Wire, where we round up the day's biggest beauty news.Photos by Driely S.
The Fragrance Foundation exists and they give out awards! Taylor Swift is officially the Fragrance Celebrity of the Year having "uplifted the world of fragrance," according to the foundation. See her Emilio Pucci look above along with Dita von Teese, Sky Ferriera, and more. [Fragrance.org]
· Though she's basically the empirical standard for amazing hair, it turns out that even Jennifer Aniston can get a royal case of hair envy, revealing in a new interview that she's jealous of Kate Middleton's shiny locks. "Does she do her hair herself? She's got a hard job, being scrutinized like that. When I have a bad hair day, my hair just goes in a clip." Oh hush Jen, we know you don't have bad hair days. [USMagazine]
· Boldy self-aware or irritatingly vain, Selma Hayek casually explained in a new interview that she's "not even trying to be beautiful." She continues, "I know people have always thought I was beautiful, but I have never tried to be as beautiful as I can be? I could make bigger efforts." [TheCut]
· Following in the footsteps of Lauren Conrad and Ashley Greene, Pretty Little Liar's star Lucy Hale is the new face for Avon's Mark brand. Requisite celebrity statement: "I'm incredibly proud to partner with a brand that is as passionate about empowering women as I am." [Bellasugar]
· It's big week for male grooming: There's now a growing trend of men getting colored polishes during manicures and pedicures and brands like Orly are seeing sales increases around 20 percent in the last year for their male targeted lines. [NYTimes]
· An easy, breezy twist on Yeezy, a creative remix has been made of "N*ggas in Paris" using only beauty tools and one very bald head. And to think we'd been wasting all our time primping. [Reifnery29] – —Alyssa Carroll