Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Beauty Wire, where we round up the day's biggest beauty news.
The man, the myth, the hair. Via Getty.
Looking for a belated Father's Day gift? A lock of Mick Jagger's hair is currently being auctioned off at Bonhams for an estimated price of somewhere between $2,300 and $3,100. The hair was reportedly (and creepily) "preserved by a former girlfriend's grandmother back in the pre-Stones early 1960s" and is worth about twice as much as Keith Richard's strands recently sold for. [Time]
· And if that's not enough 'paint it black' for you, Vogue covergirl Katy Perry talked about her decision to dye her now-famous locks black from bleach-blonde back. It's a decision she made when she was 15, and she's never looked back. [TheCut]
· American Airlines is launching the first-ever airline-themed nail polish with British brand Nails Inc.. It will be called "2 Park," and the color will match the silvery hue of the 777-300ER model plane. [Jaunter]
· In case you missed it, Katie Holmes' new Navy & Nude Bobbi Brown campaign is out. Obligatory statement from Bobbi: "I wanted to give Katie a nighttime look that she would feel confident wearing and that still represents her own style." [PeopleStyleWatch]
· Giving humidity a break, it looks like bad hair days are now being blamed on the amount of copper in our water systems. A new study found the metal causes strands to "break down faster, leading to split ends, a lack of shine as well as making it harder to manage.' [DailyMail]
· If you haven't been raiding Paris Hilton's make-up drawer, Smashbox Cosmetics is releasing a five-piece limited-edition make-up kit for The Bling Ring, so we can steal all the looks from the movie. [StyleBistro]—Alyssa Carroll