Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Party Bites, a new Racked series where fancy people at glamourous parties answer our probing questions.
- Leandra Medine, The Man Repeller
- Audrey Gelman, actress
- Emily Weiss, Into The Gloss
- Emmett Shine, founder of Gin Lane Media and Amanda Shine, guest
- Justin Warner, chef/owner at Do or Dine
- Caroline Polachek, musician, Chairlift
- Ryan Melia, PigPen Theatre Co. and Arya Shahi, PigPen Theatre Co.
- Melissa Butler, Founder of The Lip Bar
- Shaun Ross, model
- Christelle de Castro, artist, photographer, artistic director
- Elliott Breece, co-founder of Songza
- Joana Avillez, illustrator
- Elina Asanti, art director for NR2154
Last night, we had the chance to rub elbows with (and in some cases step on the toes of) New York City's brightest up-and-comers at Refinery 29's bash to celebrate their annual 30 under 30 list. The rain couldn't stop the turnout for the event, which brought together the 30 honorees and what felt like 500 of their closest friends. By the end of the night, Caroline Polachek had taken over as DJ and impromptu dance parties were breaking out across the room. In between all of the mingling, we managed to track down some of the honorees to find out what's still left to do on their bucket list before they hit 30.—Erika Graham and Christina Dun
· All Party Bites posts [Racked National]